Thursday, October 30, 2008

Super Super Mart


For some people, grocery shopping is a chore, but I love it. I love the brightly colored stacks of produce, the obscure condiments, the olive bar, and most of all, the inherent potential in all those choices. Yesterday, I found my Mecca -- a grocery store specializing in Asian and Latin ingredients, and not just a cramped little corner store, but a huge store full of stuff I had never even seen. Even better, full of stuff I *had* seen and hadn't been able to find in the U.S. The next time you're in little old Greensboro, NC, check out the Super Mart at Fanta City on West Market Street. Some of the treasures I found included: Kirin Afternoon Tea (Japan, something for which I've been searching for a decade), guarana (Brazil), S & B Golden Curry Sauce (Japan), fresh lychees (Southeast Asia), and G7 3 in 1 coffee (Vietnam, pictured left).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, what IS that? It looks delish!