Monday, October 20, 2008

The Quest


I'm currently having a nail polish crisis. That is, if such a thing exists. Perhaps, considering the AIDS epidemic in Africa, flooding in Bangladesh, and the current state of the U.S. economy, it's a minor detail. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about it.

As usual, I have concocted the ideal in my mind, and now find that it doesn't seem to exist. A deep but true red, with a red and gold metallic shimmer to it. Not cranberry, not burgundy, but somewhere in between. Super shiny. Sort of like the finish on a car.

That's what I want. What have I found? Black and eggplant. OPI's Midnight in Moscow and Royal Raja Ruby, respectively. Okay, on that last one, I might have been unduly influenced by the name. But in my defense, the description is "jeweled burgundy."

Next up, Bastille My Heart.
www.ulta.com, $

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What about OPI's Don't Toy With Me?