Friday, January 26, 2007

Fired Up


Despite the pretentious, unpronounceable name, this chocolate is fantastic. Don't miss the Red Fire and Black Pearl chocolate bars. The Red Fire bar combines two of my favorite things -- cinnamon and hot chiles -- for an unexpected flavorful delirious mouth tingling sensation explosion. And the Black Pearl is pretty good, too. This chocolate isn't fair trade certified, and since I prefer my chocolate products *not* be produced using child slaves, I asked and was assured that the owner "is constantly sourcing single-origin chocolates to create products where we know specifically where the beans are grown and how the people are treated within the agricultural cropping." I'm not sure about the syntax, but it seems to indicate that there's no child slavery involved. So enjoy with a clear conscience! www.vosgeschocolate.com

No comments: