Monday, May 7, 2007

Top That!


This month, Dining for Women will be giving to a sewing co-op in Nicaragua (the second poorest nation in the Western Hemisphere). The women who work there built their factory with their own hands (I would have no idea how to start building a factory myself -- would you? I picture these women standing around with a big pile of cinder blocks just going, "okay, um... let's put some here."). It took them over two years of working 20 hours a week (each) while trying to support their families with other work. Now they are such a success that they are looking to expand, providing jobs for more women.

That's the story behind the women who make this great wrap top with 3/4 sleeves. I think it's wonderful on its own - flattering, reasonably priced, and nice, wearable colors -- and I love knowing that not only was it *not* made in a sweatshop, but that it actually provides income and dignity to these women who certainly deserve it!

And now that I've done sermonizing for the day, check out the top, available at www.organicclothes.com, on sale this month for $30.60

No comments: