Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Cheap Mascara


Sometimes the budget calls for $20 mascara, and sometimes it calls for $8 mascara. When I have the extra to spend (is there really such a thing as "extra money"?), it's either Lancome Hypnose or DiorShow. But when life takes over, and I have to buy boring but necessary things like food and shelter, my new go-to cheap mascara is Loreal Voluminous Full Definition. (Don't even ask me about Great Lash. I think it's some kind of Emperor's-New-Clothes conspiracy on the part of all makeup artists and celebrities. They recommend it, knowing it's completely useless, just to keep the rest of the peons from looking as great as they do. ) So, look for the Loreal Voluminous mascara in the gold tube. The secret is that you have to wipe the wand off on a tissue before applying the mascara, especially when you're using a brand-new tube. That way you don't get too much on your lashes, and they won't clump together. You don't have to do this with the more expensive mascaras, but I guess that's the price you pay for being able to put a roof over your head and having defined lashes. You heard it here.

No comments: