Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It's Only Fair


Working at a fair trade store and learning about the plight (yes, I said plight) of workers in developing countries will absolutely ruin you for shopping at all the places I used to buy clothes and shoes. With a non-profit employee's salary, what to do? Basically, I haven't bought anything new for my wardrobe in quite a while, and I'm starting to feel a little frumpy. Okay, I know I don't *need* anything, and Mother Teresa only had two pairs of shoes, but Mother Teresa I am not. So, yesterday I decided that it must be possible to be stylish, socially, and fiscally responsible simultaneously.

The options seem to be fair trade and vintage (or just plain Goodwill). My first purchase was this dress from Fair Indigo. A classic, work appropriate, fair trade, and on sale! Take that, Target!

www.fairindigo.com, $24

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the blog mention! Glad you enjoyed the dress.